Aside from an athlete’s skills, character, enthusiasm, and hard work, the one thing that keeps them going inside the field is a small dental device. This appliance protects their mouth and teeth from any dental injuries and damages when playing the sports they love – the mouth guard. It is every sports enthusiasts’ best friend!
Mouth Guards comes in three types. However, for athletes, the custom-made teeth protector designed and customized by a dental professional is ideal as it withstands intense pressures. Bosler Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry is dedicated to providing quality mouth guards for every individual who is into contact sports. Although over-the-counter mouth guards are readily available, investing in a reliable and long-lasting custom-made dental appliance is highly recommended by a dentist.
Wearing a teeth protector is beneficial for both the dental and psychological health of the wearer. Here are some benefits of wearing a mouth guard:
- Mouth guards are made to protect the teeth and gums against injuries caused by traumatic blows. It works by absorbing and distributing the forces to prevent the teeth from fracture, dislodgement, and chipping.
- Mouth guards can also help secure fixed dental appliances like orthodontic braces, veneers, dentures, and implants.
- The resiliency and stiffness of the mouth guard act as a shock absorber that helps reduce the risks of concussions and brain injuries.
- Besides safeguarding the mouth, it also lessens the chances of an athlete to accumulate neck and jaw injuries.
- Psychologically speaking, when one wears a mouth guard, they are more likely to play effectively and efficiently inside the court with confidence, without the worry of risking their dental health.
- Mouth guards don’t just give protection to the teeth, but they also save the athletes smiles by eliminating the chances of having a knocked-out tooth.
- Custom-made mouth guards eliminate costly dental works.
Get added protection to your teeth. Book an appointment at Bosler Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry for your Mouth Guards in Vacaville, CA! Our dental office is located at 301 Alamo Drive, Suite A-2, Vacaville, CA 95688.