Though there are many technological advancements in dentistry, tooth loss is still a serious problem which affects people globally. Many factors can cause tooth loss such as trauma, accident, tooth decay, gum disease and many more. But whatever the cause is, tooth loss needs replacement since a gap in between teeth causes facial deterioration. It can affect one’s mental and physical aspect making them self-conscious and hinders them to show off their smile. Here at Bosler Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry, we offer Dentures Services to replace one or more missing teeth and preserve the facial structure.
What are Dentures?
Having missing teeth can be devastating. It affects the way a person smile, talk and even make the daily routine challenging such as eating and chewing. Dentures are a type of custom-made restorative device used to replace missing teeth. Dentures can be removable or fixed, and it comes in different types as well. The pontics (artificial teeth) attached are made of porcelain, and the artificial gum tissue is made of plastic or hard resin. Dentures can replace all missing teeth in either on the top or lower jaw. Regardless of what type of dentures the patient needs, it will be custom tailored to meet both their needs and preferences.
Types of Dentures offered at Bosler Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry
Standard Full Dentures
- It is a type of dentures which replace a full set of upper and lower teeth. Standard Full Dentures enables the patient to restore speaking and eating ability as well as putting back the patients smile. This type of dentures is held in place by using suction or adhesive.
- If the patient has one or several missing teeth, partial dentures will be a great option. Partial Dentures are supported by surrounding teeth and gums which makes it comfortable and secured.
- A cosmetic denture is a type of denture designed to restore the natural aesthetic of the teeth and appearance of a person. It is made from an acrylic base that allows it to hold its shape making it appear natural and realistic.
Benefits of Dentures
- Improve eating and speaking ability
- Few food restrictions
- Restore facial structure
- Protect remaining teeth
- Eliminate social awkwardness
- Easy cleaning
How to Properly Care for your Dentures
- Use a towel or basin of water when handling the dentures since it is fragile that it may break or chip when dropped.
- Keep the dentures hydrated by soaking it in a solution or plain water when not in use.
- Brush the dentures regularly just like the natural teeth to remove food debris and plaques, and prevent it from staining.
- Practice good oral care by brushing your gums, palate, and tongue regularly and mouth rinsing.
- Have a regular check-up with the dentist. If dentures chip or break, have it repaired by the dentist.
Dentures are a way to restore a person’s beautiful and youthful smile. If you are suffering from tooth loss, don’t hesitate to visit your dentist to have an initial consultation and undergo a prescribed treatment.
If you want to own a complete set of teeth, schedule your dental visit now. Bosler Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry offers Dentures Services in Vacaville. Visit us at 301 Alamo Drive, Suite A-2, Vacaville, CA 95688.