Halitosis or bad breath is something that is common after waking up in the morning or after eating some spicy, garlicky foods. There are instances where some patients experience persistent foul breath or bad taste in their mouths. It may indicate a problem which should not be disregarded to provide treatment for fresher breath successfully.
The condition can be caused by several factors such as poor hygiene, health problems, medications, lactose intolerance, diet, and more. To successfully provide a treatment for the condition, it is best to pinpoint the cause of the problem for it to be taken care of properly.
At Bosler Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry, we make sure to diagnose the exact cause and source of Halitosis accurately. Once the patient is diagnosed, recommendations for the necessary dental treatments are provided for prevention and proper diet.
Foods that can Help in the Prevention of Halitosis
- Avoid too much garlic and onions in foods since they contain sulfur compounds which can linger in the mouth after eating. The compound is absorbed into the bloodstream and can be expelled through burping or exhaling.
- Avoid excessive intake of coffee and alcohol. These products are natural dehydrators that create an environment in the mouth which promotes the growth of harmful bacterias.
- Black or green tea has polyphenols which are a type of antioxidant that helps destroy and prevent the growth of bacteria on the mouth. It also reduces the sulfur compounds in the mouth that causes bad breath.
- A serving of unsweetened yogurt every day can help reduce hydrogen sulfide in the mouth. Lactobacillus bulgaricus in yogurt fight the harmful bacterias that can cause bad breath.
- Apples, celery, and carrots can help by promoting saliva production in the mouth which is essential in keeping it clean and fresh. It’s crunchy texture also acts as a natural scrub for removing any harmful particles stuck between the teeth or on its surface.
- Rich in vitamin C fruits like Oranges. While other citrus fruits are also rich in vitamin C, oranges are not too acidic which is better for the teeth. Not only is it good for the body, but it also helps fight off bacterias in the mouth that can cause damage and bad breath.
Although practicing proper dental hygiene and care is effective in keeping the mouth clean, there are still some food particles that are harder to reach and clean. Using recommended dental products, taking care of the overall health, regular dental appointments, and a proper diet can help in keeping the mouth clean and fresh.
Feel confident with your fresh breath and a healthy overall oral condition! Bosler Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry is happy to be of service to our patients for all their dental care needs including Halitosis Treatment in Vacaville. We are located at 301 Alamo Drive, Suite A-2, Vacaville, CA 95688.