Did you know that not all constant headaches can be referred to your general doctor? In fact, some headaches can be treated effectively by a dental specialist. A headache can be triggered when you feel dehydrated, hungry, sleepy, stressed, and even when you have a toothache. Distinguishing a normal headache to a headache due to dental complications is essential in getting the right treatment. Bosler Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry offers different dental treatments for the community of Vacaville to address their dental problems.
What Causes Dental Headaches?
- Malocclusion or commonly known as “bad bite” can cause muscular tension in the areas of the jaw and face. Having this condition can cause the chewing surfaces of the teeth not to go along smoothly when the jaw shuts and open. It can result in pain and discomfort that can be transmitted to our head causing headaches.
- Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction or TMJ Disorder – Temporomandibular joints connect the lower jaw to the bone in the side of the head known as the temporal bone. TMJ disorder can be a result of an injury on the joints, genetics, and teeth grinding, this condition can cause jaw pains that can be mistaken to headaches due to its location in the head. Diagnosis and evaluation are provided by Bosler Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry for TMJ Disorder Treatments in Vacaville.
- Bruxism – It is the condition where you grind your teeth unconsciously during sleep or even when awake. Several factors can cause bruxism like emotions, stress, anxiety, and even bad habits. Excessive teeth grinding can hurt the jaw and even cause headaches. People with bruxism usually wake up with a bad headache in the morning and even migraines.
- Wisdom Tooth Eruption – It is not uncommon for the growth of a wisdom tooth to be connected with headaches. There are instances that the wisdom tooth is impacted making it even painful. Pain can sometimes be intolerable making it harder to sleep and even eat; these factors can contribute to headaches.
- Tooth cavities – The condition should not be disregarded since if it left untreated, it could progress to a more serious tooth infection. A tooth infection can cause inflammations that can reach the nerves which can be relayed to the other parts of the brain.
Most headaches that are caused by dental problems are called as tension headaches which are caused by muscle contractions in the face area that can be mistaken for headaches. However, it does not mean that you can treat it as a common occurrence, a professional dentist can diagnose and give the necessary treatments to lessen the tension headaches.
Suffering from tension headaches and other oral complications? We offer dental services in Vacaville. Contact us at Bosler Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry for your appointments, call (707) 244-1164. Our passionate team is ready to serve you. We are located at 301 Alamo Drive, Suite A-2, Vacaville, CA 95688.